Apple Carrot Salad with Cilantro
Did you know that carrots and cilantro are in the same family? It may not seem like the most obvious combination but carrots and cilantro are great together!
Serves 1 for lunch or 2 for a side
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- a small handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey, or to taste
- pinch of ground cumin
- crumbled feta cheese, to taste
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Put apple, carrots, and cilantro in a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, honey, and cumin. Add dressing to apple mixture and toss everything together. Season with salt, pepper, and a bit of crumbled feta cheese.
Recipe submitted by Farmer Dave's