Roasted Summer Vegetable Medley
Recipe contributed by Elena Bergin, Gloucester, MA
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 bunch of red beets
- 1 bunch of golden beets
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 3/4 C Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 C Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- Tablespoon onion powder
- Teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Can also be done in heavy foil packets on grill.
Clean and cut vegetables accordingly;
- Cauliflower cut into mini trees, then halved,
- Beets cut into roughly 1 inch piece,
- Asparagus cut ends off, then cut in half.
Using a large roasting pan, arrange vegetables accordingly;
- Cauliflower flat side down,
- Mix beets together, then put over cauliflower,
- Layer asparagus on top.
Whisk vinegar, oil, onion powder, salt, pepper and herbs in a bowl and drizzle over veggies.
Roast for 10 mins & stir, repeat and test "done-ness" after a total of 30 mins. Depending on your liking may need an additional 5- 10 mins.